2020-2021 ADDY Award Winners
Sales and Marketing
SILVER | Sept | “Serpentarium” Feature | A2Z Design
GOLD | Another Vintage Year – 2019 Report | DuFour Advertising
GOLD | Nov | “Sour Power” Cover | A2Z Design
Out of Home and Ambient Media
SILVER | ‘Foxtrot’ Mural | Trackside Design, LLC
SILVER | The Life of St. Norbert | St. Norbert College
GOLD | Notre Dame of De Pere Site Design | Elevate97 + KHROME
GOLD | #BlackLivesMatter | De Pere Art Center
Online and Interactive Media
SILVER | Beefitarian Website | Element
Film, Video, and Sound
SILVER | SEC Football Homegate Kickoff | Image Studios, Inc.
SILVER | The Work Never Stops | Ponsse North America
SILVER | Recipes Taste Better with Sausage | Image Studios, Inc.
SILVER | Legacy: 100 Seasons of GB Packers | Elevate97 + KHROME
GOLD | Bratsgiving Throwdown 2020 | Image Studios, Inc.
Elements of Advertising
SILVER | Paruch Automotive – At Work | Graham Images
SILVER | J.F. Brennan 100 Years | Creative Edge Productions
GOLD | MToxins Venom Lab | MToxins Venom Lab
GOLD | Original Illustration | A2Z Design
GOLD | America’s Dairyland | Image Studios, Inc.
SILVER | Beefitarian | Element
GOLD | Keep On Wisconsin Campaign | Elevate97 + KHROME
GOLD | NMU 2020 Day of Giving Campaign | Elevate97 + KHROME
Jim Rivett Award of Excellence
Downtown Faces Forward | O’Connor Connective
The Jim Rivett Award of Excellence local award honors an entry based on creativity, community, and impact. Jim Rivett believed social change could be driven by design. His professional career in advertising reflected this belief and included leadership positions at the Goltz Agency, with Arketype, and as president and creative director of his own agency, KHROME. Peers throughout the industry, particularly the American Advertising Federation, consistently recognized Jim’s creativity, vision, originality, and leadership. Learn more about the winner and the motivation behind Downtown Faces Forward here.
Judges Choice – Ivellisse Morales
#BlackLivesMatter | De Pere Art Center
Judges Choice – Yeosh Bendayan
NMU 2020 Day of Giving Campaign | Elevate97 + KHROME
Judges Choice – Clark Hook
Notre Dame of De Pere Site Design | Elevate97 + KHROME
Best of Show
Keep On Wisconsin Campaign | Elevate97 + KHROME
The 2021 American Advertising Awards Show Premiered virtually on Friday, Feb. 19, 2021.
Rules & Categories
100% Online Submissions | No Physical Entries Required
Please submit your work online. The deadline for submitting is Friday, Jan. 15, 2021, at 5 p.m. NO PHYSICAL ENTRIES or forms required this year.
The event in February will be virtual, and some of the entry details have changed, so please take a close look at the Rules and Categories. Instead of printing materials to turn in, everything will be done virtually, making it easier (and cheaper) than ever to submit!
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020: Call for entries begins (online)
- Friday, Jan. 15, 2021 | 5 p.m: Deadline for entries
- Friday, Jan. 22, 2021 | 5 p.m: Final Deadline for entries, $30 late fee applies to non-members.
- Friday, Feb. 19, 2021: American Advertising Awards Show Premiere produced by our sponsor Creative Edge Productions
Cost to Submit Work:
Lucky you, we’ve significantly lowered our prices this year! Take advantage and submit all you’ve got. This could be your year!
- Professional Members:
$80$50 per entry
- Professional Non-Members:
$130$100 per entry
- Student Members & Non-Members:
$25$15 per entry
Professional entries submitted after Jan. 15 will be subject to a $30 late fee.
Now accepting entries in the newly added categories of Murals (26A) and Political Advertising (110-118).
What are the American Advertising Awards?
The American Advertising Awards are the largest and most representative advertising competition. Each year, it attracts more than 40,000 entries in local American Advertising Federation (AAF) competitions, including AAF-Fox River.
The competition includes both professional and student work, recognizing and rewarding creative excellence in the art of advertising.
What awards can you win?
Work submitted to the AAAs can receive three possible awards:
- SILVER ADDY: Advertising work considered outstanding and worthy of recognition at the local competition.
- GOLD ADDY: Advertising work recognized as the highest level of creative excellence and judged superior to all other entries.
- JUDGES CHOICE ADDY: Advertising work recognized by the judges, highlighting features they like best. These three awards are subjective and can be awarded to work submitted in any category of the competition.
- BEST OF SHOW ADDY: Advertising work ranked above and beyond any other entries within the local competition. It is awarded at the end of the show, similarly to the Best Picture award at the Oscars.
How many awards are given out?
There is no set number of awards given each year. The judges determine the number of awards given in each category based on the relative quality of work in that category. That means the creative work submitted by the advertisers of the Fox River determines the competitiveness of the awards. And that’s why you should submit your work — to push the awards to be even more representative of the awesome creative being produced right here in the Midwest.
What happens after the local competition?
The local American Advertising Awards is the first phase of the three-tier competition where agencies, freelancers, and students can be recognized as the best in their markets. Local Gold ADDY winners move on to compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. AAF-Fox River winners compete in the AAF District 8 competition — which includes work from Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota — held in March.
If you win at the AAF District 8 American Advertising Awards, your work will move on to the AAF National competition held at ADMERICA every year. Entering your work at the local level is your first step toward winning a National American Advertising Award and being recognized among advertising legends.
What do the American Advertising Awards support?
AAF uses all proceeds from the American Advertising Awards go to support the entire advertising industry at the national, district, and local levels. That’s how AAF is able to enhance the advertising produced in the Fox River Valley and other markets through programs, including public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
What are the Student American Advertising Awards?
The student competition of the American Advertising Awards is sponsored by AAF and Ad 2 National. As a unique national awards program, the Student American Advertising Awards is designed to showcase the incredible work being created by students as part of their educational coursework.
Students are eligible to enter work if they meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled full- or part-time in an accredited U.S. educational institution.
- Student interns are eligible to enter, meaning any work that was created during your internship and is approved to be entered by your manager may be entered.
- Submitted work can be developed specifically for this competition or from previous projects or student contests; however, work must be created while the entrant is a student and not employed in the advertising industry.
Student work that wins at the local level can move up to the regional and national levels, just like the work entered by professionals across the country.
*Copyright infringement and/or plagiarism (be it intentional or unintentional) will result in disqualification and, if applicable, awards will be removed from any entry deemed in violation. All entry fees will be forfeited.
What do national student winners receive?
Student work that wins at the local, district, and national levels receive the following:
- Finalist certificate — great for résumés and portfolios.
- Prestigious Student American Advertising Award for first-place winners.
- $1,000 cash prize for National Best of Show winner.
At the local level, students receive a Student American Advertising Award for first-place work. Simply entering your work and attending the awards show also gets your name and work in front of many Fox River advertising professionals. Remember, networking is one of the best ways to get a job and foster the growth of your career.